Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Geometric Portraits


AbadicioE_Easy
This one was made with a website, not my work.
 I believe facial expression are not universal. According to an article, some facial expressions are the same universally and some expressions are not. Facial expressions in other cultures were a little different. Even though, the facial expression are not universal we can still interpret what emotion the facial expression represents even with different cultures. Facial expressions has been researched over the years, because facial expressions are complex. But in truth, facial expressions are different in every culture.

AbadicioE_Poly-1
This one was one of my work and I could have
done more better.
To make a low poly portrait, I needed to have a symmetric portrait or self portrait. I open photoshop with the picture.Color in the background white first. Then, get the line tool ready and outline the subject. After, merge the layers and title it outline. The next thing I do is outline triangles in your hair. Then I outline the triangles in my nose and eyes. After, I outline my skin with big triangles. I use the polygonal lasso and select the triangles go to filter, blur, then average.  I then just hit command F. I fill every triangle in. After, I copy my portrait layer. Then I use the polygonal lasso and use it to out line the subject. Copy it, then flip it in the other side. But thats just one way to make a low poly portrait.
AbadicioE_Poly-2
This was my other attempt, but is done in another
way. This one is more colorful. Again, I could
have done more better.
The difference between AbadicioE_Poly-1 and AbadicioE_Poly-2 is that Poly-1 has outline and it was time consuming, but it was pretty easy since the outline already showed me where the triangles would be. It also made things easier since we were using a symmetrical photo and we only needed to do one side. Poly-2 was a little faster, but it was harder since you didn't have the outline and you had to select the color it. It is a lot more colorful than Poly-1 though. Even though they are different ways of making low poly, they had some similarities. Like the fact, that they are both low Poly Portraits. It took time and effort to make both of the Low poly portraits. I think that I could have done much better with both of the portraits, but I still finished them and I like how they look.
AbadicioE_Poly-3
This is my best one and I'm quite proud of it.

1 comment: